GP Liaison Unit
Barwon Health's GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) was established to assist GPs with access to hospital services and improve communication between Barwon Health and General Practice.
Some of the programs include:
- Development and implementation of referral and management guidelines for GPs which assist in service demand management
- Creation of outpatient and specialist clinic referral templates
- Facilitating communication between the hospital and GPs in the community
The GPLU Program Manager and GP Consultant are available via the dedicated GPLU Helpdesk to:
- Assist GPs to access hospital services and correct referral pathways
- Follow up outstanding, missing or incorrect patient documentation
- Secure message delivery, troubleshooting and support escalation
- Facilitate site visits
Barwon Health quick phone guide for GPs
Click here to access the quick phone guide for GPs.
For the most up-to-date referral pathways and criteria for all Barwon Health clinical services, please refer to the West Vic Health Pathways portal.
Last Modified: Tuesday, 20 July 2021
Dr Jeff Urquhart, GP Liaison Consultant
Dominic Roussety, Program Manager
9am– 4pm Monday to Friday
Ph: (03) 4215 8845
Mobile: 0481 463 919
Fax: (03) 4215 0453
Level 2, Central core, University Hospital Geelong