Needle Syringe Program services reopen at community centres
Our Community Health Centre Needle Syringe Program services have reopened to provide access to sterile injecting equipment to those in the community who use drugs intravenously.
The face-to-face program was suspended due to COVID-19 in March, with only a mobile service operating. With the service now restored, NSP’s are located at the below sites:
Corio Community Health Centre, 10am – 4pm ONLY
- Enter from Corio Village car park entrance
- Staffed by the Harm Reduction Team
- Naloxone education and provision, provision of sterile injecting equipment and disposal of used equipment, and safer sex equipment
- 24/7 Syringe Vending Machine located on site near the car park side entrance to Corio Community Health Centre
Community Health Centre Business Hours, 8.30pm – 5pm
Sterile injecting equipment and disposal of used equipment and safer sex equipment is available at the following sites:
- Newcomb Community Health Centre, Bellarine Street
- Belmont Community Health Centre, Reynolds Road
- Torquay Community Health Centre, Surfcoast highway
There is no longer a NSP service at Drug and Alcohol Services, Geelong (previously 40 Lt Malop Street, now 126 Lt Malop Street)
There is a Syringe Vending Machine located in Geelong CBD, outside University Hospital Geelong Building B (the old Geelong Private) between Argyle and Bellarine Streets)
Our mobile service continues to run Monday to Friday 9am – 3.30pm and can do home deliveries and collections, including naloxone education, across the region. Call 1800 196 850 for more info or to order.
All NSPs carry the same full range of equipment, including but not limited to:
- 1ml – 50ml Barrels
- Needles from 27g – 19g
- Insulin syringes 0.5ml 30g to to 1ml 27g and everything in between
- Butterflies (winged infusion sets)
- Filters, including wheel filters, sterilfts and sterile cotton
- Sterile water
- Condoms and lube
Stock permitting, there are NO LIMITS and NO CHARGE ever, for any of our items.
Our NSP’s are closed on public holidays and weekends, but the Syringe Vending Machines remain open and are stocked daily.
Public Affairs and Communications manage all media relations at Barwon Health.
Media phone: 03 4215 1119 Note: This phone number is not for COVID-19 (coronavirus) information. Please call 1800 675 398 for general information.
Monday to Friday
8.30am to 5pm
Filter by tags
- barwon health
- University Hospital Geelong
- Emergency Department
- mental health
- Deakin University
- Barwon Health North
- Advance Care Planning
- Andrew Love Cancer Centre
- McKellar Centre
- Northern Suburbs
- Urgent Care Centre
- palliative care
- women's health